Snow covered mountains surrounded by the deep blue ocean, untracked slopes, a ski lodge on the waterfront, fresh fish and northern lights – that’s what ski touring in the Lyngen Alps of Norway is about.
Ski touring in the Alps is already something special. But the Lyngen Alps of Norway hold even more in store: Way up in the Arctic wilderness around the 70th parallel north there are spectacular fjords, virgin powder slopes, mystic northern lights and a house the sea waiting for you. If time passes slowly here, that’s just fine.
Dates 2023 for Ski Touring in Norway
- Week I from 18 to 25 February 2023
- Week II from 25 February to 4 March 2023
- Week III from 4 to 11 March 2023
- Week IV from 11 to 18 March 2023
- Week V from 18 to 25 March 2023
- Week VI from 25 March to 1 April 2023
- Week VII from 1 to 8 April 2023
- Week VIII from 8 to 15 April 2023
- Week IX from 15 to 22 April 2023
- Week X from 22 to 29 April 2023
- Week XI from 29 April to 6 May 2023
Price: € 2.190,-
Early booking price till end of August € 2.140,-
Group price min 7 person € 2.100,-
Of course also bookable for individuals.
Included services: 6 days ski touring, mountain guide, ski lodge with sauna directly by the fjord, all transfers including ferries to our tours and airport pick-up service, costs for food and accommodation.
Not included: Flight to Tromsø and alcoholic beverages.
Here you will find all information about Corona, your free right of withdrawal, cancellation, insurance and much more!
Tip: STA-Travel in Innsbruck has specialized on the needs of our customers and offers convenient flights at competitive rates. Air fares from central europe are around 500,- Euro – the earlier you book, the cheaper it will be.
Lyngen impressions by Mattias Burenstamen, April 2016
Why ski touring in Norway?
Time seems to pass at a slower pace up here. The locals always seem relaxed and enjoy their laid-back lifestyle. It is the quietness of the woods, the snow covered mountains that soar from the deep blue sea, the changing colours of the aurora and the arctic cold of the Lyngen Alps that create that unique Norway feeling.
- Two Austrian mountain guides who know the area guide small groups of no more than seven guests
- Choose between an ambitious or a more relaxed group
- You will be in a group of people with a similar fitness and skill level
- Ski tours are possible right from the lodge
- You can book the entire lodge for a private group
- Ski to the ocean shore
- Wide open, undulating, fairly flat and generally safe terrain
- Unusual light conditions and auroras
- Après ski sauna and fjord plunge pool
- Fishing from our own boat (aluminium boat with 50-hp-motor), with high probability of catching fish
Find out if your fitness level and skiing is good enough to enjoy the trip?
Ski Lodge in Lyngseidet / Lyngen Alps
The Ski Lodge Sørheim Brygge in Lyngen is directly on the sea shore. Wake up in the morning to the cries of the seagulls, have your catch of the day delivered to the door by the local fishermen. After baking in the sauna you can jump into the cold fjord or head off to the only local pub in Lyngen. Both the lodge and the pub are owned by Stein-Erik, who has been working together with us for many years.
Food & Drink
The price of the ski touring package Norway includes costs for breakfast, packed lunch and dinner, except alcoholic drinks. Our mountain guides go shopping every day and get you all the groceries and ingredients you want for your meals. You cook together as a team. Typical food includes freshly caught fish, reindeer and lamb. The regional products are of very high quality and there is plenty to eat for everyone.
Read on “Food & Beverage”→
Getting to Tromsø
IMPORTANT: Pick-up at Tromsø airport is on Saturdays at 16:15h. Guests, who booke flights with later arrival, have to organice the transfer to the lodge themselves at their own expense. STA-Travel offers convenient flights.
Read on “Travel Information for Ski Touring in Norway”→
You don’t need more than for a ski tour in the Alps. Here is a little guideline for the recommended equipment:
Read on “Equipment for Ski Touring in Norway”→
Photo Album Ski Touring Norway
Click to enlarge!